In this two part series, you will learn more about the remaining 6 of the 12 laws of the Universe. In addition, you will discover how to implement them in your day to day life.
In order to be able to continue delivering valuable personal growth content for highly sensitive people and empaths, we work with affiliate links in this article. This means that we recommend products that we love and receive a small commission from the seller – at no additional cost to you – when you choose to purchase a product through our link.
Estimated reading time: 14 minutes
The laws of the Universe; a phenomenon that keeps thousands of people wondering about the magic that is available to us. It is believed that there are 12 Universal laws working together to help us to thrive in life.
Consequently, these spiritual laws one by one have significant meaning for different aspects of your life. Once you learn to apply them all, you will create a life filled with joy, happiness and abundance.
In the first part of this two part series, I explained more about the first six laws of the Universe: the law of divine oneness, the law of vibration, the law of correspondence, the law of attraction, the law of inspired action and the law of perpetual transmutation of energy.
Consequently, we’ll dive into the remaining six laws of the Universe in this article. You will discover what these laws are and how to apply them in your daily life.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- #7 The Universal Law Of Cause And Effect
- #8 The Law Of Compensation
- #9 The Universal Law Of Relativity
- #10 The Law Of Polarity
- #11 The Law Of Rhythm
- #12 The Law Of Gender
- Valuable Literature About The Universal Laws
#7 The Universal Law Of Cause And Effect
In order to understand the Universal law of cause and effect, it is important to have a look at the specific definition. The law of cause and effect states the following.
Every effect has a specific and predictable cause.
Every cause or action has a specific and predictable effect.
So what does that mean? It indicates that the situation you currently find yourself in, is a direct effect or result of a specific cause in your life. Sounds pretty vague, doesn’t it?
Let me provide an example. For instance, if you eat junk food every day, that is the cause. If you gain weight after repeatedly eating junk food, that is the effect of your decision.
As you can see, this law focuses on your decisions. Consequently, every decision that you make -even if they seem tiny and insignificant- will have a certain effect in your life.
The life that you live now is a direct result (effect) of all your decisions from the past (causes). Moreover, being successful and achieving your goals is a direct result of your decisions. Cause and effect.
Knowing this, shows that you are able to change your life by changing your decisions.
How To Use The Universal Law Of Cause And Effect
Now you may wonder how on earth you will manage to do that? Here are some practical tips to apply this law in your daily life:
- Examine your current choices. Before creating change, it is crucial to take a critical look at your past decisions. Think about all the situations in your life you currently are not satisfied with. Then, try tracing the moments certain situations were caused. Which decisions did you make that brought you where you are now? This can be incredibly confronting, as our ego usually does not like self-criticism. Many of us look at external factors when something goes wrong, blaming others. However, it is crucial that you critically identify your own behavior.
- Analyse your idols. Also, you may want to have a good look at the people you look up to. Mostly, we just look at what they have achieved, but only few of us look further than that. In order to be as successful as they are, you should identify their daily habits, past decisions, core values, behavior and direct actions. By performing an in-depth analysis on their behavior, you become inspired to make the right decisions to get you where you want to be. If you’d like to take a deep dive into the minds of hundreds of successful entrepreneurs, I highly recommend you to read ‘Think and grow rich’ by Napoleon Hill.
- Balance your thoughts. Another way to implement the Universal law of cause and effect is to be more mindful when it comes to your thoughts. Your decisions are obviously not happening out of nowhere; they origin from your thoughts. Once you focus on balancing your thoughts and take decisions from a more positive state of mind rather than acting impulsively, you will notice major changes in your life soon.
#8 The Law Of Compensation
You reap what you sow.
According to the Universal law of compensation, you get what you give. It means that what you put into the world, you will receive back. No matter how big or small the thing you give is, you will always be compensated for it. There is no exception.
Some people may think that this is only about money, but that is not the case. The Universal law of compensation considers everything. For instance, I recently invited someone for lunch a while ago and that person surprisingly returned the favor a couple of weeks later by offering me a useful self help tool and some valuable advice. This was the law of compensation working through my friend.
Moreover, this goes for both positive and negative actions. For instance, if you are gossiping about someone and putting out negative, hateful energy, this will return to you at the same frequency. People will most likely talk badly about you or compensate in a different, non-pleasant way.
If you want to change your life for the better, change your energy, thoughts and actions and have a good look at what you contribute to the world.
Also, when working with the law of compensation, understand that you will never receive more than what you give. In order to earn more, you therefore need to contribute more.
How To Use The Law Of Compensation
Sounds pretty logical, doesn’t it? For me it was a major game changer to learn more about the law of compensation, as I changed many negative situations for the better simply by adapting my own thoughts, energy and actions. Here are some tips on how to apply this law of the Universe in your life:
- Identify your current compensations. The first step you can take is to identify what you currently are being compensated for in life. Remember, this is not only about money, but about everything in your life. Look at your job, financial situation, house, family, friends, relationship. Everything where there is an exchange of energy.
- Write down what you give. After identifying your compensations, it is a wise step to also critically look at what you give. How do you contribute to the world and the lives of others on a daily basis? Even if it is the tiniest gesture, write it down. You want a complete picture of the current situation.
- Think of ways to give more and then… give more! If you want more compensation, you have to give more. Perhaps, there are ways to give that you haven’t thought of yet. Maybe you are only giving 80% at your work, which is why you are not getting that promotion. Or you are not invested enough in your relationship, which is why your partner won’t do romantic gestures. Try to find ways to give more and then just wait. Simply by giving value, you will be recognizes by others and soon see that the favor is returned in magical ways.
#9 The Universal Law Of Relativity
This law of the Universe may be a bit more challenging to grasp. At least that’s how I felt when I first discovered it. This law focuses on that everything is relative.
Let me give you an example. When I lived in Norway, I was used to long distance driving. I lived on a small island in the middle of nowhere and had to drive for about 2 hours to get to the next bigger city. Consequently, me and my family would drive to that city every now and then to go shopping and do some errands.
However, when I moved to the Netherlands and suggested to friends to go to a city 2 hours away from my hometown, they asked me “Are you insane? That is way too far for a day trip!”. I could not believe my ears when they said that.
However, it is logical that they feel that way. After all, you can drive through the entire country within about 5 hours. In Norway, you have to drive for 2 days in order to drive through the entire country, as it is much bigger.
This visualizes the law of relativity. Based on your perception of the world, you will form an opinion and your thoughts and whenever something happens, you will compare it to that perception.
Consequently, this law entails that everybody has their own reality and perspective. Other people may compare things differently than you because of the way they lived their life.
Every now and then, people will do something that you won’t like. However, their perception is different. Not worse, not better, just different. This knowledge helps you to be a more compassionate, understanding and peaceful person.
How To Use The Law Of Relativity
Now that you know that everybody’s perspective differs based on their past experiences and conditioning, it’s time to have a look at how to implement the law of relativity. Basically, there is just one thing you need to do and that is to remember this law during challenging situations.
Whenever somebody does or says something that you do not agree with or that upsets you, you will easily find peace by remembering this law. You will know that their behavior and statements have nothing to do with you, but with their perspective of life and everything in life. Consequently, this law of the Universe will help you to not judge them when they act the way they do. Most likely, you will feel compassion for them and be able to maintain balanced and feel peaceful.
#10 The Law Of Polarity
Similar to a magnet, the law of polarity states that everything has two poles. Whether it is hot and cold, love and hate, day and night. This law comes in pairs.
When you understand this, you will become aware of the fact that you always do have a choice. There is always a positive to the negative. Therefore, if you currently find yourself in a unfulfilling life situation that is causing negative thoughts and actions, you can choose for the positive counterpart.
For instance, when I became an entrepreneur and had a financially challenging month, I could lose myself in the fear of failing. However, once I managed to flip the switch, accept the current situation and focus on how it would be to be successful and have more clients, my life changed. Clients entered my path effortlessly and so did the money.
I can imagine that this law produces some resistance within you, especially when you currently experience many bad things in your life. Take this from a PTSD survivor who has been through panic attacks, depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts; you can change your thoughts, even when you are experiencing a low.
I know all too well how hard it is to do it from a place of despair and sadness, but it is possible. So many people dealing with bad things in life have managed to work with the law of polarity and you will manage it too. Trust me.
This law of the Universe is a real game changer when you use it in combination with the other 11 Universal laws discussed in this series.
How To Use The Law Of Polarity
Here are some practical ways to apply this law of the Universe:
- Acceptance. The best way to utilize the law of polarity, is to accept the state you are in. For instance, when you resist negative emotions, they will remain within you and manifest more negative things in your life. However, when you welcome these emotions and sit with them for a while, they will be able to flow freely through you. You release the energies around your pain simply by accepting them. From that neutral state of energy, it will be easier for you to switch to a more positive state of mind. Welcome your negative emotions -> Accept them -> Release them when you are ready -> Move to higher vibrations.
- Write down the lessons learned. In addition, it is wise to examine your negative life situations and write down what they teach you. What are the opposites of these situations? Can they provide any clarity on where you much rather would like to be? The output of this writing session will provide you with information on your goals.
- Envision your future. After clarifying your goals, you can start to focus your thoughts on them. What steps do you need to take to move towards your positive goal? To move towards the opposite of where you are now?
- Avoid feeling stuck in the past. When you have accepted, felt and released your pain regarding the negative situation, try to have peace with it and avoid talking or thinking about it too often. As you are moving towards your envisioned future, you don’t want to give your attention to the things you are moving away from.
- Be grateful. As you are moving towards the opposite, make sure to be grateful for every step of the way. This will raise your vibration.
#11 The Law Of Rhythm
This law of the Universe is visible in everything around us. The law of rhythm can be seen in the nature that changes seasons, the ocean tides, the moon cycle and the cycle of human life.
“Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates.”The Kybalion.
As you can see, the law of rhythm indicates that everything around us works like a pendulum. Consequently, this is visible within everything we experience… even in our economy, which has its highs and lows.
Once you become aware of the fact that this is interchangeable, you will understand that life has its ups and downs and embrace that rather than resisting it. You will know that there will be calm after the storm and that there will follow sunny days.
This knowledge will bring you a sense of peace that you carry with you throughout every stage of your life.
How To Use The Universal Law Of Rhythm
Now that you know that these ups and downs are a part of life, have a look at these tips to implement the law of rhythm:
- Avoid expectations. In order to utilize the universal law of rhythm, it is important to avoid expectations of an outcome. When your expectations aren’t met, it is easier for you to feel disappointment and feel the negative side of the pendulum deeply. However, when you let go of the expectations of the outcome and focus on the process instead, you will notice that you will remain more balanced – even when things aren’t going your way.
- Embrace the highs and lows. As the universal law of rhythm is unavoidable, it is important for you to embrace both the highs and lows in life. Ask yourself, what every situation is teaching you. Tune into what your body needs in every moment. And most important of all; when you are feeling low, don’t try to push yourself to behave like you do when you are experiencing a high. Rather try to listen to what your body is telling you. What does it need at that point? Oftentimes, rest and reflection is what we need in these low moments of life.
#12 The Law Of Gender
Finally, the 12th law of Universe is the law of gender. This law is comparable to the law of polarity, but focuses on only two energies: masculine and feminine.
You may think that this is about male and females, but this is not the case. This is about energies. The masculine energy is more focused on taking, action and outward flow, while the feminine energy focusses on giving, receiving and inward flow. Consequently, one energy cannot live without the other.
The Universal law of gender is present all around us and both men and women carry both energies within them. However, females usually have more feminine energy, while men have more masculine energy. Nevertheless, both carry a little bit of the opposite energy in them as well.
For instance, at work this law is applied when coming up with new products, where creative ideas (feminine) as well as a concrete action plan (masculine) are needed.
Ultimately, people utilizing and embracing both energies in their body equally, are those who are the most successful in life. They understand that both energies are equally important to live a balanced and happy existence.
You may wonder how to use the law of gender. However, there are no concrete steps to utilize this law, other than embracing both energies within you and others and play with them.
To sum up this series, these 12 Universal laws can help you to create the life of your dreams. However, it is important to understand that all of these laws work together.
The best way to get started with using the laws of the Universe, is to understand and apply them one by one. Big changes don’t happen overnight, but when you commit yourself to learning more about this path, you will soon notice how you life changes for the better.
Valuable Literature About The Universal Laws
If you’d like to read more about the Universal laws, here are some valuable books for you to check out:
Universal Laws: Unlocking the Secrets of the Universe: 7 Natural Laws of the Universe
Universal Laws: 18 Powerful Laws & The Secret Behind Manifesting Your Desires
I Wish I Knew This 20 Years Ago: Understanding The Universal Laws That Govern All Things